The world's first inflatable prone support for optimal patient positioning
This is the world’s first inflatable, disposable support for surgery in prone position. During training, surgeons and aneasthesists are taught to avoid venous congestion and pressure on nerves, yet proning is one of the most challenging position switches for nursing staff.
By mirroring the human skeleton and variations in size, the IPS supports the rib cage and pelvis while allowing the soft tissue and abdomen to rest freely. This reduces the risk of bedsores as well as Intra-Abdominal Pressure (IAP) and prevents venous congestion. The use of compressed air instead of manual labour is an ergonomic breakthrough in the OR.
For the safe and controlled inflation/deflation of the IPS cushions, it is highly recommended to use the Hummingbird compressed air pistol.
Key advantages include:
- Optimal positioning by mirroring the human skeleton
- Better ergonomics by using compressed air
- X-Ray transmission by positioning on air
- Improved hygiene (single use cushions)
- 2 sizes, respectively supporting up to 150kg & 180kg
Contact us for more details about this product